BuzzFeed is looking for an iOS Engineer to help build features & shape the future of the Tasty iOS App. Our versatile team consists of product managers, designers, data scientists, & engineers all working together on our mission to make cooking accessible for all of our users & grow an exciting business line for BuzzFeed overall. In your role, youll collaborate with the team to create strategies around user retention & product utility & build incredible features to bring our users satisfaction & meet company goals. This job is preferably based in our Minneapolis office but were all remote during COVID, & will continue to support remote work for select locations.
About the Products
With 2M monthly active users & a 5 star app store rating, Tasty is a top tier cooking app that our users love. Our work focuses on both building & encouraging an audience who loves to cook & creating unique business opportunities for BuzzFeed. We work on everything from large exciting partnerships to meaningful features meant to make our users lives better. As a member of this team not only will you build new features, you will help real people who want to cook for themselves & their families.
- Apply your iOS technical & product expertise to solving real problems for both our Tasty iOS users & our business
- Build features that integrate into our internal & open source iOS frameworks that are used across multiple applications
- Collaborate with product, design, data science, QA, & other internal partners on both coming up with & building new ideas
- Write high-quality code & tests to build apps & frameworks that stand the test of time
- You have worked on & maintained iOS applications or frameworks
- You have 1+ years experience with the Swift programming language & common iOS Architectures
- You are comfortable working with people across multiple disciplines like design, product, & data science
- You can articulate your decisions & questions in a way that allows for team collaboration
- You are comfortable soliciting & providing direct & impactful feedback
- You are willing to take initiative on work that needs to be done
A big plus:
- You have experience with MVVM Architecture
- You have a passion for good product fit, & UX.
- You have interest in back-end systems
About BuzzFeed Tech Stack
We know that good engineers come from a variety of backgrounds & languages if you don't already know the languages that we use, we trust that youll learn.
- 100% Swift & MVVM, no major 3rd party frameworks
- Fastlane & Circle.ci for CI, Firebase & DataDog for Performance monitoring
- Our backend services are written in Python, Go, or node.js
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Potential to be featured & casted in a BuzzFeed Video
- (NYC) No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in NYC!
- (MN) Tight Knit & fun office in Northeast Minneapolis with all the treats of NY minus Tasty leftovers (sorry they dont travel well)
- (Remote) Very distributed workforce encouraging a strong remote culture
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, & content that helps connect people all over the world.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.