As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
What youll do:
The Vox Media Podcast Network (VMPN) is one of the largest, fastest growing, & most topically diverse collections of high-quality podcasts in the world. With over 200 active shows from our editorial networks & partners, we empower a portfolio of passionate & trusted voices to host important, meaningful, & entertaining conversations & stories about the news, tech, business, sports, culture, & more.
As Senior Manager, Podcast Marketing, youll be responsible for the strategic planning, education, & execution of all consumer & business-facing marketing efforts intended to grow the audience, engagement, & revenue of Vox Medias podcast business.
These responsibilities include:
- Partner with leadership across VMPN, comms, & our editorial networks to build & execute cross-functional marketing & promotional plans designed to drive awareness, tune-in, & consumption for new & priority shows
- Develop marketing assets (e.g. positioning), design asset distribution plans, disseminate across all relevant platforms & channels, including podcast apps (e.g. Apple), websites, copy for promo spots, etc.
- Execute all audio-specific promotional tactics in collaboration with the Coordinator of Podcast Marketing, including scripting & scheduling of audio promos, coordination of bonus episode drops, & app promotion
- Develop, iterate, & educate editorial teams & production partners on systems, tools, & assets for promoting podcasts using their O&O channels (e.g. websites, brand & host social accounts, newsletters, etc.)
- Create & maintain sales materials & collaborate on strategic partnerships & opportunities with our advertising partners
- Partner with experiential & conferences teams on all events that include live podcast programming, including consumer-facing conferences like Recodes Code Conference & business-facing events like our advertising upfront
- Manage marketing/promotions relationships with all consumer-facing audio partners (e.g. Apple Podcasts, Spotify, iHeartRadio, etc.)
- Identify, organize, & execute co-programming & promotional partnerships with other podcast networks alongside the Coordinator of Podcast Marketing, including all cross-promo barter arrangements, guest swaps, etc.
- Collaborate with editorial & revenue teams to prepare detailed performance reports for new & priority shows reports with strategic recommendations
- Facilitate the legal, design, & sales education processes for new shows
What youll bring:
The ideal candidate has helped achieve business objectives through thoughtful marketing & communications strategies. Theyre a creative thinker who enjoys challenging the status quo with a collaborative, solutions-oriented mindset. They thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment & are able to learn, contribute, & grow through change. Their passion for podcasts is evident & they have insight into the industry & its key players. Experience with PR & comms is a plus but not required.
This is a full-time position based in New York that will report to VP, Comms. This role will also manage the Coordinator of Podcast Marketing & closely collaborate with the Executive Producer of Audio, VP of Revenue & Partnerships, Audio, & all editorial, comms, studios, & revenue leadership.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.