Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Waterloo, Canada & Los Angeles, CA. We have created online classes taught by famous masters Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What you will accomplish:
- Design & implement interactive & scalable applications
- Develop best practices & methodologies for Android/Kotlin development
- Mentor other engineers & build a strong culture of quality, collaboration & empathy
- Build responsive, performance-driven user interfaces
- Collaborate with multiple product, data & engineering teams, as well as external partnerships for integration into our platform.
- Write high-quality code & documentation
What we are looking for:
- Experience/familiarity with the following technologies:
- RxJava/Reactive programming
- Knowledge of Ruby/Rails is a plus
- A self-starter who is able & excited to work both independently & as a collaborator with cross-functional teams to ensure the highest quality product is shipped to the end-user
- A technical leader that has shaped their teams broader architecture; shipped multiple large services, complex libraries or major pieces of infrastructure; taken an app from concept to production
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.