About the role:
Cooking great food in our from scratch kitchens wouldn't be possible without ensuring our physical assets are being taken care of. The Facilities Specialist role is focused on preventative maintenance for all DIG restaurants to ensure our operations run smoothly & our teams work in a safe environment. You will process facility related requests, complete work orders & coordinate onsite maintenance & repairs all while ensuring a high service level to our teams. You will create proactive solutions & be the expert on diagnosing remedial problems. The Facilities Specialist will work within our fast paced restaurants on a daily basis to perform cosmetic repairs & equipment audits to help improve our restaurants for our teams & guests. This role is key in providing support to our restaurants to achieve the highest quality facilities & equipment. If you anticipate problems before they surface, focus on the smallest details & love to get your hands dirty, this role is for you. The Facilities Specialist will report directly into the Facilities Manager.
- Perform preventive maintenance & repairs across all DIG locations (HVAC, Hot Line Equipment, water heaters, exhaust systems, electrical work etc.).
- Build maintenance schedules to ensure the safety & efficiency of our operations.
- Provide field support on cosmetic & equipment repairs & communicate updates to restaurant leaders.
- Identify current & future maintenance requirements.
- Educate our restaurant leaders on (i) how to identify basic issues & troubleshoot solutions & (ii) take proper care of restaurant equipment.
- Ensure our restaurant leaders are consistently following best maintenance practices & reporting any issues through the proper channels.
- Resolve & report unsafe working conditions.
- Track, maintain & update restaurant facility records, completed work orders, & preventative maintenance inspection reports.
- Coordinate with the design, development, construction & numbers team as needed.
- Maintain tools, materials & supplies.
- Travel between all DIG locations with a can do attitude. Limited travel to other markets.
- 1-3+ years of maintenance or facilities experience.
- A basic knowledge of (HVAC, Hot Line Equipment, water heaters, exhaust systems, electrical work etc.).
- A knack for the details. No problem goes unfixed on your watch.
- A can do attitude. No project is too small or too big. You love the challenges.
- Knowledge of rules & regulations surrounding facilities safety requirements.
- The organizational savvy to manage & coordinate multiple maintenance schedules to ensure timely results.
- Basic computer skills.
- The ability to work flexible hours.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A natural ability to solve problems & see them through from start to finish.
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lift up to 50lbs).
- An entrepreneurial spirit - you are a self starter & can hit the ground running with minimal direction.
- A high level of integrity- you build & maintain trust with everyone you interact with.
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Commuter benefits
- Bonus potential
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (theyre amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York & the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables & culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity & ambitious innovation, finding & implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, & farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, & developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities & use the platform weve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, & the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.