What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology & marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for consumers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
What you'll do:
- Leverage your quantitative expertise to understand how Slice can apply supply & demand levers to unlock marketplace opportunities; techniques will include experiment design, predictive modeling, observational analysis, pattern recognition & any others as needed
- Partner with Product & Marketing teams to set clear goals, measure progress against them & influence their respective roadmaps
- Ensure consistent tracking, analysis, & reporting of core product & marketing programs & channel KPIs in weekly dashboards
- Build & maintain executive dashboards in Looker
- Improve the accessibility & organization of data
- Collaborate with Data Engineering to understand all data flows, build new flows as needed & create appropriate data dictionaries for business users
- Simplify complex raw data into user friendly explores, looks, & dashboards for audiences across the organization
- Perform complex ad-hoc data & analysis requests
What we're looking for:
- BSc in a quantitative discipline (MSc preferred)
- 3+ years of specialized experience in Data Science or Advanced Analytics solving complex analytical problems in a technology environment
- Proficiency in Python & SQL
- Fluency in at least one statistical software (R preferred), Excel & at least one visualization tool (Looker, Mode, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong data modeling & transformation skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
History of Slice:
Slice was born in 2010 & has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 8,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their bites to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, & investors all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza. Did you see we were recently Apples App of the Day?
Our Pizza Philosophy
We believe pizza is more than food it's a slice of life. Across the country, pizza is made by people who care about craft, history, & culture. We created Slice to champion the small mom & pop pizzerias by connecting those proud makers with customers who are just as passionate about their pizza. We celebrate pizza as the ultimate shareable food that brings people together for more than just a bite. So whether you call it a pizza parlor, slice joint, or pizzeria, we're here to help you order authentic local pizza, connect to your community, & live your best slice life.
Were growing our family every day so, if youve got a passion for local, authentic pizza & the drive to help share it with the world, wed love to have you on the team!
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.