ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStarsUS The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
You, as a successful & talented candidate, will join the highly skilled team working across the FanDuel technology organization. As a qualified candidate, you must provide strong team leadership while developing & managing business processes & workflow, standardizing documentation, & improving project reporting. As a leader in the technology team, you will lead in the design, definition, implementation, observation, & support of database, architectures and environments. You will need excellent skills & knowledge in this growing organization, pushing constantly for the highest performance & continuous improvement.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
You, as a successful & talented candidate, will join the highly skilled team working across the FanDuel technology organization. As a part of the Database Engineering team, you will assist in the design, definition, implementation, observation, & support of the database architectures & environments.
- Manage a team including, effective hiring, managing performance, coaching, & promoting.
- Manage team delivery across platforms, programs, projects.
- Strategic & tactical management with teams & products
- Manage a backlog & prioritize with stakeholders & team.
- Lead infrastructure team with effective methods, tracking all programs/projects of work, scheduling, & delivery.
- Delegate projects to infrastructure engineering staff, follow up on projects to completion, & evaluates performance.
- Create & deliver road maps for projects & technology.
- Create an executive summary on progress & blockers.
- Lead the IT Infrastructure organization's innovation efforts & its role in experimenting with new solutions to take advantage of business opportunities.
- Expertise in establishing & improving customer service, system reliability, & security, as well as other working practices (e.g., ITIL).
- Deliver relationship management with all vendors for procurement, services, & support. Maintain quality, availability, stability to meet all SLA/SLO requirements. Manage vendors to the highest level of performance.
- Handle most problems, decisions, & escalations. Mitigates long-term risks. Find a path forward in difficult situations.
- Work with IT leadership team & HR teams to develop & execute workforce plans that ensure IT has skilled resources to meet existing & future demands. This includes the assessment, mentoring, & development of individual team members, as well as properly assessing the skills, competencies, & staffing levels required for the organization to meet desired outcomes.
- Self-motivation & the ability to work with almost no supervision
- Very strong focus on the customer's needs & a willingness to accommodate them.
- Stay present & abreast of current & new technologies & trends. Evaluating & providing guidance on the benefits to the company & our customers.
- Responsible for ensuring that all projects are equipped with the proper resource requirements both in quantity & expertise.
What were looking for in our next teammate
- Dedicated commitment to technical excellence & quality partner care.
- You work autonomously actively driving solutions, projects, & identifying areas for improvement in the platform.
- A high degree of focus on quality to build resilient, scalable, & maintainable systems.
- You make decisions based on data & exercise judgment to balance risks & rewards.
- Lead partnerships with internal teams & external business partners.
- Willingness to mentor early career staff, contributing to their development technically & professionally.
- A clear focus on staying up-to-date with emerging technologies through continued learning, active engagement with the network industry, & a desire to remain hands-on.
- Demonstrated thought leadership & customer engagement skills.
- Collects & researches data; Uses intuition & experience to complement data; Designs workflows & procedures.
- Identifies & resolves problems in an efficient manner; Collect & analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- A minimum of 10 - 12 years of experience or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) preferred
- Strong third-party management skills, working closely with sourcing & vendor managers.
- Experience administering enterprise environments in mission-critical, 24x7 production environments
- 5 years related experience in infrastructure environments & designing, planning, documenting & implementing using the latest technology
- Advanced cloud experience with knowledge in Amazon & Google.
- Experience leading complex global projects from development through implementation
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low-level technical view.
- Experience working on medium to large projects & delivering against timelines.
- Advance understanding & implementation of Ci/Cd, infrastructure as code deployment & automation methods.
- Experience of developing governance practices to track & measure the quality of services & maintain service improvement plans.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.