ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
TheSkimm is looking for an audio producer to work across two existing podcasts & help us launch a third. The ideal candidate is a news & culture junkie & experienced audio producer who can write, produce, edit, & voice podcasts on a tight deadline. Youll work with our audio team pitching stories, fact-checking, sourcing & cutting audio, writing concise & ready-to-read news copy, interviewing guests, & recording the show.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Work across multiple weekly podcasts
- Collaborate with the team while pitching stories, booking guests, researching, fact-checking, & script writing in theSkimms brand voice -- while also cutting tape & mixing audio
- Attend pitch meetings, offer editorial feedback, contribute to story generation & development
- Source audio elements, mix audio for segments
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ yrs experience as a journalist working in a newsroom setting
- 2+ yrs experience in audio production & storytelling
- Proficiency in cutting & mixing tape for audio publications
- Experience fact-checking audio scripts both before & after recordings
- Calm under pressure, able to switch gears & react to breaking news
- Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Strong journalistic judgment with a specific eye for fact-checking standards
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.