TheSenior Marketing Manager for the Petbusiness will be responsible for delivering on the marketing objectives of the Pet business. Through leveraging internal resources & having a deep understanding of the business needs, he/she will design & implement campaigns across all marketing channels & stages of the marketing funnel.
He/she will serve as the primary link between the retail organization, the marketing channel owners, & the creative team. This role will partner closely with those teams to develop & execute a robust marketing calendar based on business priorities, customer needs/shopping missions, industry best practices & continuous learning & optimization based on marketing channel results.
This role will be instrumental in supporting & shaping the development, evolution & execution of the marketing vision & strategy for a rapidly expanding & evolving category. In this cross-functional role, you will report to the Director of Marketing for Baby & Pets. You will be instrumental in developing & executing initiatives focused on the following, with the ultimate goal of increasing category revenue, customer goals & optimizing ROAS:
- Increasing current customer LTV through increasing retention, repeat purchase rates, AUR & AOV
- Acquiring new customers through increasing awareness of Walmart.com & managing an efficient customer acquisition engine focused on ROAS, CPO & their key drivers (CPC, CR, CTR, traffic sources & customer quality)
- Youre a seasoned marketer with deep knowledge & passion for eCommerce & performance marketing. You have a proven track record of managing high performing marketing campaigns & evergreen strategies that meet & exceed revenue & customer targets.
- You have a deep understanding of the various marketing levers & how to use them to drive growth & profitability in eCommerce.
- You are proactive, curious & an analytical thinker with a learning mindset. You enjoy a challenge, are a fast learner, are game to imagine & trial new tactics to drive results & take calculated risks. You anticipate second & third level implications of actions & ask question to quickly understand how to use analyses & reports.
- You quickly organize & structure information & have a keen sense of how to prioritize initiatives & tasks based on their potential to drive revenue.
- Youre a team player with strong communication skills & can effectively collaborate cross-functionally to bring marketing plans to life.
- You have a customer-first mindset & a deep commitment to providing value & tangible benefits that improve customers daily lives.
- You combine left & right brain thinking. You are data-driven & not afraid to get your hands dirty to analyze metrics & sales dataturning your analysis into tangible insights & strategies. You also have a strong creative eye & know a winning ad campaign when you see it.
- You live & breathe marketing & can go from chatting about media plans to partnerships to brand strategy to site experience in one conversation.
- You have great business instincts & can quickly evaluate an ideas feasibility & revenue potential.
Marketing planning & execution
- Together with the Director of Marketing for Baby & Pets, develop a robust long-term marketing strategy & a roadmap to make it a reality
- Partner with retail team to plan & implement the 12 month detailed marketing calendar based on annual category goals, vendor partnerships, customer objectives & business needs
- Translate marketing into timelines & work closely with creative & media partners to ensure timely delivery of high quality assets, A/B testing/iteration & accurate definition & measurement of metrics/goals
- Partner with internal agencies (paid media) to design & implement Direct Response approach & continuously optimize spend & performance marketing metrics, with particular focus on SEM & CRM
- Partner with EDLs Associate Director of Digital Marketing, to forecast revenue & track ongoing deployment of budget by media teams
- Lead implementation of campaigns across all channels (owned, paid & earned), including securing placement in seasonal campaigns
- Implement & optimize new Lifecycle Marketing program
- Help lead closer coordination with other internal category owners (grocery, household items) that have significant overlap/impact on the business
- Support closer alignment & coordination of co-op spend (managed through Walmart Media Group) with overall category marketing spend
Pet Meds Launch
- Launch online pet medicine site, deploying 360 marketing campaign
Insights & Analytics:
- Weekly tracking & evaluation of key marketing & business KPIs (traffic, conversion, revenue, ROAS, CPA, etc.), analyzing results to provide insights that enable quick iteration by retail & media teams
- Weekly reporting on campaigns, tests & other performance using data & insights that can be quickly used to optimize marketing spend / activities
- Develop knowledge of the latest innovations & opportunities impacting the marketing landscape, our partners & our competitors
- Develop a deep understanding of consumer habits (online & offline) & approach the pet category with an omnichannel mindset
- Strong organization & project management skills to keep all parties on track & ensure high quality implementation of pet marketing initiatives across media, seasonal & retail stakeholders
- Build strong relationships with retail, marketing channel partners & creative teams
- 7-9 years relevant experience in B2C performance marketing, management consulting, brand management and/or marketing analytics. Pet expertise preferred but not necessary.
- Experience in performance marketing including acquisition, retention, brand, media, creative, content, product marketing & partnerships.
- Expertise in optimizing marketing channels, including social, mobile, SEM, & CRM.
- Strong analytical acumen, with the ability to understand & analyze performance, optimize plans, make quick decisions & measure impact to the business. Willingness to get hands dirty & analyze details where necessary. Ability to pull-up & focus on the details / metrics / analysis will materially impact the business.
- Sharp creative eye, experience testing & learning messaging & creative.
- Risk-taker, comfortable in fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects & priorities.
- Proven teamwork skills, as well as experience working & influencing cross functionally.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Customer mindset with knowledge/interest in
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record. MBA a plus.