Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
As Tax Director, you will be a senior leader on the Finance team responsible for leading & running the tax function for Rent the Runway. You will work in partnership with the CFO, other finance leaders & cross-functional senior executives & leaders to (1) ensure tax compliance for the overall company & its Irish subsidiary, (2) assess tax implications of business projects & lead relevant tax implementation strategies, & (3) develop & drive near-term & long-term strategic tax efficiencies.
What Youll Do:
- Manage & facilitate the preparation, review, & filing of:
- company federal & state tax returns
- company sales & use tax returns
- company property tax returns
- income tax returns for the companys international subsidiaries
- VAT returns for the companys international subsidiaries
- Manage the calculation & review of quarterly & annual income tax provisions, including support & relevant tax disclosures
- Manage & continue developing relationships between the company & its external tax advisers
- Provide support to external tax advisers in responding to examination from various taxing authorities, such as federal, state & local, & sales & use
- Manage & provide support for various internal audits & special tax-related projects
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process
- Act as a business partner to various internal departments to provide tax-related guidance & ensure that new initiatives are implemented in a tax compliant way
- Partner with Payroll/HR teams & provide guidance on HR/Equity related tax matters
- Monitor legislative & regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to the management team, & create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation
- 7+ years of progressive tax experience in public accounting or tax consulting
- Big 4/Big 6 tax experience is required
- Bachelors or advanced degree in accounting, finance or taxation is required
- International tax experience is required
- CPA or JD licenses are highly preferred
- Must possess an ability & a desire to work effectively in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Must be able to multi-task & identify any critical needs to be prioritized
- Strong work ethic & a can-do positive attitude are a must
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter
- Able to communicate effectively with various levels in the organization & with external parties
- Able to develop connections & relationships with outside advisers, both domestically & internationally
- Willing to help the broader accounting & legal teams with various projects & requests as required
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the well-being of our employees & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $154,200 - $192,700. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held. This position is also eligible for equity compensation.