Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Operational Excellence, Senior Manager to join our Strategy & Optimization team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Operational Excellence, Sr. Manager will develop the department's strategy, managing its resources, developing & implementing an operating plan for improving efficiency, developing experience initiatives & ensuring the achievement of departmental performance metrics.
You will report to the Director, Strategy & Optimization. This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Washington. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Analyze & implement initiatives to meet Service Operations goals
- Evaluate the efficiency & productivity of business operations & develop strategies for improvements
- Evaluate overall Service Operations performance by creating, gathering, analyzing & interpreting data & metrics
- Identify opportunities & implement projects to improve the experience of Oscar's external partners (Members, Brokers & Providers)
- Embed process improvement philosophy & skill within Service Operations.
- Manage relationships to promote multi department collaboration
- Development & growth of direct reports, ensuring that colleagues are supported in professional development
- Create & scale teams when needed, including creation of KPI's & workflows
- Align departmental goals, processes & resource allocation with the organizational strategy.
- 6+ years of experience managing, driving & overseeing projects.
- 4+ years of leadership experience
- Lean / Six Sigma experience
- Experience using data & metrics to drive improvements in programs
- Experience delivering projects / programs independently & within a team environment
- Accomplished enterprise-wide initiatives: defined project plans, coordinated resources, managed implementation activities, & developed all processes associated with program rollout & ongoing support
- Master's Degree
- PMP Certifications or Program Management Certifications
- Healthcare experience (Health Insurance, Health Systems, or Healthcare Consulting)
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.