We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices & warehouses. And were just getting started. As we enter our next phase of growth, we're looking for a VP of Sales, Southeast based in our Atlanta office to help accelerate the growth of our business in the Southeast United States. This position reports to the SVP, North America Sales & will coach & build a rapidly growing team of Sales Directors & Account Executives across the region.
What youll do:
- Build a world class sales organization & provide leadership & direction to a high-performance sales team, including hiring, training, & leading.
- Focus on accelerating the growth of all services across the Flexport Portfolio including Air, Ocean, Insurance, Trade Finance, Customs, & more.
- Partner with SalesOps to develop targeted goals within each segment to expand & accelerate revenue opportunities within their unique customer sets.
- Create, monitor, & drive action against a standard set of KPIs.
- Find innovative & creative ways to improve & increase performance while maintaining a customer centric mindset.
- Implement sales best practices to support consistent & consultative sales process across all teams, collaborating with peers from across the globe.
- Support the sales team on building account strategies & closing high profile clients.
- Work with Marketing to design & execute an effective & aligned overall go-to-market strategy.
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with the rest of the Leadership Team to delight customers & accelerate growth.
What youll need:
- Experience scaling a sales organization, including leading 1st & 2nd line managers in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, & figure stuff out quickly & effectively.
- Great with numbers, project management & people. In addition to strong analytical skills, youll be a highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust & work well with a diverse group inside & outside the company.
- Eager for a very hands-on role, where youll be asked to take on & run with a range of projects outside your comfort zone, & learn quickly.
- Highly organized, self-motivated & detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big & small.
- High integrity individual whos enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, & making a huge, positive impact in the world.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.