Paxos was founded in 2012 as the first institutional & regulated crypto-exchange, our founding team quickly realized there was an opportunity to establish ourselves as the trusted leader in digital assets. By creating regulated digital assets like our USD-backed stablecoin PAX, were giving customers the chance to process their financial transactions in safer, faster & more cost-effective ways. Were also building solutions for some of the worlds best-known financial institutions to settle day-to-day transactions faster, cheaper & with the most modern technology. We believe the global financial system has relied too long on closed infrastructure & outdated technologies - it's time for a change.
The People Operations department plays a crucial role in Paxoss development as we grow. Our goal is to ensure that our team is operating at their best, in a well-structured, high performance environment.
People Operations is a business-critical department that will give you exposure across the company & enable you to play a big part in Paxos drive to revolutionize the financial services industry.
When you join Paxos, its not just another job. Youll have the chance to build something that really matters. Well give you the freedom & tools to bring your absolute best, & the opportunities will be limitless.
We look for people who apply deep logic to their thinking & back everything up with data. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, & who learn from every mistake.
Paxos does not do traditional HR. We are driven by data & analyse everything we do. Our recruitment products are designed to find the best talent & bring them in fast.
This role reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer of the company. This structure allows HR as a function to have a seat at the table along with all of the other Department heads, signaling Paxos commitment to Human Resources & the employees of the company.
What you will do:
- Develop & manage all People Operations & Talent efforts (systems, processes, & programs: recruiting, on-boarding, employee feedback process, benefits, compensation, immigration,etc) in a way that effectively communicates & supports the mission & strategic vision of Paxos
- Execute on all aspects of Human Resources Management, including but not limited to: payroll processing, benefits administration, performance reviews, new employee orientation, & learning & development
- Develop plans & strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit regarding key organizational & management issues.
- Work with executive management to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy & objectives of the company.
- Establish & maintain company records & reports while helping to direct others in the organization in adherence to record-keeping guidelines
- Develop strategies & leverage partners & internal staff to find diverse & highly qualified candidates that meet the talent needs of Paxos
- Partner with team members to support an employee experience that makes them feel energized & empowered to make an impact.
- Ensure that the full-cycle recruitment process is seamless & easy.
- Build & foster a Human Resources department that embodies the values of the company, with a focus on being a support to all employees of Paxos
What you need to have:
- Minimum of 8+ years of HR Management experience (with at least 2 years managing regional/global teams)
- Proven track record in a technical leadership role driving operations at an executive level, preferably with a renowned fast-growing startup
- Deep technical understanding of product development & data analysis
- Driven, energetic & ability to work in a fluid & fast-paced fintech environment
- Experience managing teams in a highly regulated industry
Who you are:
- You are very detail oriented & remain focused on the challenges at hand.
- You own your errors & learn from them, helping others on the team to do the same
- You are a strong communicator. You are effective in your communication skills, regardless of your audience.
- You are motivated & driven
- You are passionate about the People function, & yearn to make a difference in any organization you are a part of
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do & can't wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds & experience in banking, startups, tech giants, & big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London & Singapore & have big plans for our growth. Were looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working & intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers & regulators can trust. Were committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open & accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets & those who dont want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone & Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, & employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor & a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do & influence how we communicate & collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, & ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, & family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in & out of office.) In addition to the benefits & perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real & measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us: