Warby Parker is seeking a thoughtful Engineering Manager of Production Services to motivate & lead a team in delivering the best platform for building digital products. In this role, your primary responsibility is to support the talented Software Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers, Security Engineers, & Network Engineers that make up your team. Day to day, youll help them grow in their career paths, create great software, & stay engaged in their work at Warby Parker. Youll demonstrate excellent software development practices so that you can instill these behaviors in your teammates. Well also count on you to cultivate a positive culture, ensure technical architecture, & work with your team on strategy & execution.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you & your team will partner with Product Managers to execute roadmaps that enable Software Product teams to achieve our strategic objectives. Working cross-functionally, your team will help craft robust, intuitive features in record time. This is a highly visible role in which youll support internal stakeholders throughout the business, as well as interact with executives & department heads to discuss ideas in real-time (e.g., roadmaps, risks, & work dependencies). Our ideal candidate is confident without an egoyou take your work seriously, but not yourself! This leader can also balance a fun, quirky style with a proactive, deliberate approach. Sound a lot like you? Keep reading!
What youll do:
- Build & lead a team of Engineersin a relatively flat structurethrough hiring, coaching, mentorship, feedback, & career development
- Partner with the Production Services Product Manager on achieving the teams vision
- Ensure the timely delivery of engineering work to meet business needs & architecture standards
- Advocate & implement agile software development practices; help develop & champion exceptional engineering & organizational practices
- Demonstrate an unparalleled drive for results, customer empathy, & the long-term vision for software products, continually delivering work in an agile & iterative manner
- Ensure your team is highly engaged & excited about their work
- Establish, monitor, & maintain fantastic communication across departments to ensure transparency regarding how product work is prioritized & managed, as well as how key metrics are performing
- Set & enforce the highest standards in software production
Who you are:
- Backed by 10+ years of relevant work experience, some of which involves Internet-based products
- Backed by 4+ years of Engineering Management experience at an agile organization, with direct management of at least 6 people
- Driven by a desire to build & maintain strong relationships, help others in career development, & create inclusive environments
- Equipped with stellar interpersonal & communication skills in small & large groups
- Able to make tough decisions when needed
- An eloquent, empathetic influencer with excellent leadership & negotiation skills
- Able to work with multiple teams & communicate effectively to both technical & non-technical teammates
- Not on the Office of Inspector Generals List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience working for a company that has a significant consumer-facing element, like retail or e-commerce
- Formal knowledge of process improvement methodologies
- Experience with cross-functional teams or matrix organization
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels & designing our frames in-house, were able to offer top-quality glasses & sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.