Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
As a Staff Accountant you will be an integral part of the corporate accounting team, assisting accounting leadership with all aspects of the financial close process, process optimization, & various reporting requirements. Your expertise will help ensure the company remains compliant with GAAP & other accounting governance as it continues to scale. You are detail-oriented, efficient, & adept at identifying process & control improvements across a global organization. You will support & coach a growing team of accountants to accurately record & analyze financial data & meet overall team objectives. You will report to the Senior Accountant.
What you'll do:
- Work with Senior Accountant & Corporate Accounting Manager to create, document, review, & optimize business processes throughout the company
- Help build out & maintain a suite of financial controls across business processes to ensure there are no gaps or significant risks in the financial reporting process
- Assist in maintaining compliance with various third parties, government entities, & investors on behalf of the company
- Perform operational analysis as directed by management
- Review & reconcile sales tax filings performed by third party sales tax consultants
- Support the Finance Org. with diligence requests from current & prospective investors
- Provide support to finance management & other internal stakeholders as needs arise, including ad-hoc financial analysis, & special projects.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong understanding of accounting theory, GAAP, & international reporting requirements (CPA preferred)
- 1+ years accounting experience
- Experience working in a dynamic & fast-paced environment
- Strong Excel skills, including data tables, pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.
- Familiarity with online accounting software
- Highly detail oriented & organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to act & operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Ability to work cooperatively & collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, & external constituents to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, & results
- Eager to learn & grow in a fast-paced exciting startup environment
- Easily coachable & open to feedback for continuous self-improvement
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, & shared services they need to serve todays digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains & form the nations largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops & discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his familys New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If youre ambitious, interested in growing your career, & hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.