What is Appian? Its a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web & mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code. At Appian, were not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, & innovation; great people, great software!
Summary: Master of quality techniques & tools. Ensure high quality & timely delivery & support of Appian software to customers. Champion of understanding changes from the customer perspective & ensuring quality is an integral part of the team decision process & skilled at the reproduction of customer issues. Strives to understand complex system interactions & dependencies that can cause quality issues & ensures engineers account for them in their design & testing. Analyzes mistakes & helps ensure they do not recur.
- Troubleshoot customer issues escalated to Engineering, including reproducing, identification of causal system area & best team to address.
- Manually test & troubleshoot high impact, urgent system changes from a multitude of dimensions: systems integration, GUI, Compatibility, User Acceptance Testing, functionality, database, & regression Test features across web, Android & iOS platforms.
- Perform analysis, research, & troubleshooting of software defects & aid in the documentation of defects & anomalies.
- Build, maintain, & improve scripts, tools & artifacts to improve efficiency & effectiveness of Appian incident response.
- Work with organizations across Appian to orchestrate incident response activities.
- Clearly & effectively communicates incident status to relevant stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Know & able to effectively apply software testing design techniques.
- Systematically analyze requirements ensuring they provide effective input into Engineering activities.
- Effectively & efficiently determine the root causes of product defects.
- Desired: Write automated test code using tools like Java, Python & Selenium. Ability to apply test automation design & techniques.
Preferred Experience Level:
4+ years of relevant experience (e.g., Quality, Test, Performance, Customer Support, or Software Engineer)
B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.