At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live & get around our communities. Lyfts engineering team is growing rapidly, & we are looking for Technical Program Managers to help us scale. Come be part of a new team at Lyft focused on enabling & empowering engineering teams to deliver at scale.
Our drivers & passengers entrust Lyft with their personal information & travel details to get where they are going & expect us to keep that data safe. Lyfts Privacy team is comprised of engineers & analysts dedicated to ensuring that appropriate data protections are applied at all times. We conduct privacy risk assessments, consult with organizational stakeholders, maintain Lyfts privacy program, develop privacy policies, & advise on all matters related to privacy.
As a member of the Privacy team you will help ensure that privacy is built into our products by design. Every day, youll meet & work with stakeholders across the company working on exciting new projects, help de-risk their product development, conduct privacy risk assessments, & serve as a trusted privacy adviser to teams across Lyft.
- Conduct privacy risk assessments of new & existing Lyft products, services, & processes
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with product & engineering teams & advise them on complex data privacy-related issues
- Analyze system designs & data flows to identify & mitigate potential privacy vulnerabilities
- Identify trends in privacy & regulatory requirements & compliance enforcement & drive necessary changes in Lyfts data privacy program
- Communicate risk to both technical & non-technical stakeholders across the business & negotiate risk mitigation strategies
- Proactively drive development of privacy infrastructure, technical controls, & automation to make it easy for teams to achieve privacy excellence
- Develop & maintain internal privacy policies, guidelines, & best practices for Lyft
- Deep knowledge of a broad range of privacy concepts & demonstrated ability to apply them to real-world situations
- Experience conducting privacy risk assessments, threat modeling, & risk mitigation
- Experience with technical privacy concepts (e.g., anonymization, encryption, differential privacy)
- Experience with privacy regulations (e.g., CCPA, GDPR)
- Strong technical background & ability to negotiate effectively with engineering teams
- Strong cross-functional communication & leadership skills, with the ability to initiate & drive projects proactively
- Strong teamwork & collaboration skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to own & manage multiple tasks & high priority projects
- Code development, review, & maintenance experience in one or more programming languages (e.g., Python, Go, Java, C++) a plus
- IAPP privacy certifications (e.g., CIPP, CIPM, CIPT) a plus
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.