Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldnt have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling & vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge $1 trillion in the US alone but the process is inefficient & largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses & make a living doing what theyre great at.
These customers & pros come from all walks of life & every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers & pros.
About the Customer Success Team
The Customer Success Team is a fast-evolving team designed to drive results for our Thumbtack Professionals. We are product experts responsible for ensuring Thumbtack Pros are set up to get the right jobs from the right customers through providing insights, coaching, & holding them accountable to goals.
Currently, the Customer Success Team manages the outcomes of Thumbtacks most successful & engaged professionals & oversees the onboarding experience of the new high potential professionals through a combination of outbound phone, email, text & chat efforts. Additionally, the Success team works closely with the product, category management, & marketing team to design & execute targeted campaigns to new & established professionals at Thumbtack.
About the Role
The Customer Success Manager is an integral part of the success leadership team. They will lead a team of success consultants, focused on activation & adoption of the Thumbtack platform with our newest professionals. This team member will be responsible for career development of their team members as well as will actively participate in strategic planning of the Success organization.
- Lead & motivate team members to reach & exceed monthly & quarterly goals while creating opportunities for your team to collaborate & share best practices
- Foster a culture of #alwaysbeimproving through regular 1:1s to ensure each team member feels supported, coached, engaged, & understand expectations so they can thrive & grow in their role at Thumbtack
- Participate in problem-solving with your team & provide feedback & recommendations based on front-line experience with internal Thumbtack Teams
- Collaborate with other internal departments at Thumbtack to identify areas of process/product/systems improvements in order for your team to work efficiently
- Ensure that your team is aware of product updates & that they utilize the proper product feedback channels
- Manage the hiring & onboarding of new team members
- Play an active & essential role in initiatives & strategic planning activities with substantial potential impact for the Pro Success team & Thumbtack
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, & we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Between 3 - 5 years of experience managing large teams in a customer success, account management, sales, or customer support function
- Experience using Salesforce
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & agile environment building scalable & sustainable processes
- Experience with analyzing data, deriving & communicating insights
- Strong ability to build & nurture trusted relationships
- Proven ability to manage, utilize, & prioritize your time & efforts
- Embrace frequent change & appreciate constant iteration of approaches, strategies, & tactics.
- Good business judgment & the ability to step back from the weeds & look at the big picture & align & realign until you have arranged activities in the most productive configuration possible & figured out the best way to get things done
- takes ownership of there work, loves learning, & developing new skill-sets & expertise
- Self-motivated, & you love to jump right in & dont need someone to tell you exactly what to do
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace one of the largest in the U.S. that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers & make a living doing what theyre great at.
Founded in 2008 & headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners & Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live & work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto & Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.