Here at Honest Buildings, we believe that close collaboration between engineers, designers, & product managers is an absolute necessity. This enables us to iterate quickly while maintaining a high standard of quality for the product. We encourage all engineers to bring new & innovative solutions to help raise the bar for the team. Many of us are passionate about a particular layer of the stack, but we value willingness to navigate & deeply understand the entire application.
The SRE role is a critical part of our company,building out reliable, scalable, & tested infrastructure. This role will be involved with implementing security practices, deploying the platform, developing automation as much as possible, & providing value to all teams within the company through transparency. The Junior SRE should be able to face challenges with a solutions-oriented mindset, ensuring we focus on solving the problems.
- Write code to create, maintain & improve tooling designed to increase efficiency & automation
- Create/Maintain a monitoring infrastructure which increases visibility into the health of our applications, as well as decreases overall response time.
- Support a CI/CD Pipeline to enable automated testing for development code.
- Push forward best practices in the security landscape, ensuring we are implementing industry standards as well as our own policies.
- Participate in on-call rotation, troubleshooting production issues as they arise, & work closely with development teams to gain their insight & support in debugging.
- Deployments of production code to ensure the best customer experience.
- Build infrastructure for both production environments as well as demo/staging/sandbox environments through code in a reliable, repeatable manner.
- High motivation & passion to learn & dive deeply into new technologies
- 1-2 years supporting a production environment.
- Experience building infrastructure in AWS, including Security Groups, VPCs, IAM, etc.
- Docker knowledge with the understanding of creating docker containers
- Knowledge of monitoring & alerting best practices
- Knowledge of the benefits of using & building a CI/CD pipeline
- Committed to well-tested code (not just high coverage but effective tests)
- Bonus points: You are an open source contributor or have side projects that you are proud of
- Excited to automate as much of the day to day work as possible
- Competitive compensation package
- Stock options
- Comprehensive medical, vision, & dental insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hours, parties, & quarterly off-sites
- Gym discounts & numerous other perks
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER WORKING AT HONEST BUILDINGS?
- We've raised nearly $47m from top investors, including Brookfield Property & Thrive Capital.
- We have lots of fun & have great startup perks, but were playing to win.
- You'll have the opportunity to make a huge difference in one of the largest sectors of the world economy - the $5 trillion annual global spend on commercial real estate projects dwarfs ad-tech & even e-commerce!