Squarespace is in search of a Director of Total Rewards to build & scale a total rewards strategy that will continue to attract the best & brightest as we enter our next phase of growth. In this role, you will be responsible for designing & executing a total rewards strategy that will position Squarespace competitively in the market to attract, retain, & engage top talent.
You will work collaboratively with the rest of the People Team & department leaders to build compensation & benefits programs to serve our rapidly growing global business. Youll also work hand in hand with the broader People team leaders on projects & initiatives to cultivate our unique culture & people practices.
This role reports into our Chief People Officer & is based in New York.
- Partner with the People leadership team & executives to define, develop, communicate & execute the total rewards strategy
- Create a compelling & market competitive executive compensation strategy to ensure were attracting & retaining top leaders
- Develop a strong partnership with the HR Business Partner team & department leaders to consult & implement department specific reward & retention strategies aligned to Squarespaces job architecture
- Lead the overall compensation function including base, short-term & long-term incentive compensation; semi-annual compensation review cycle; equity administration; market data survey participation
- Lead the overall benefits function including the evaluation, recommendation, & implementation of changes & improvements to the benefits program; partner with vendors to manage the medical, dental, life, long-term & short-term disability insurance plans, flexible spending accounts & 401(k) plan; maintain benefit plan documents & summary plan description
- Work with FP&A teams to accurately forecast spends for anything compensation & benefits related
- 15+ years demonstrated experience in total rewards with at least 5 years in compensation at a high-growth technology company
- BA/BS in Business Administration, MBA preferred
- Progressive experience in executive compensation, base compensation, market pricing, variable pay, job evaluation/architecture, & cost modeling on a global scale
- Global benefit experience including knowledge of health & wellness plans, time off practices, & retirement plans
- A strong bias towards teamwork & ability to work in an ambiguous, fast paced, high growth, deadline oriented environment, while handling multiple projects & priorities simultaneously
- Capability to handle confidential & sensitive information with discretion
- Experience with vendor selection & RFPs
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written & presentation)
- Outstanding change management & communications skills
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.