We are looking for a high-performing analytical & collaborative person to join our Global S&OP team. This person will support the global inventory planning team as a senior category inventory planner. Initial focus of the role will be to configure the inventory planning system (MRP) & see through its implementation & usage in everyday planning by the S&OP team & other cross-functional partners. This person should optimize the planning system based on his/her SKU level planning experience & champion its acceptance, updates / modifications, & application through skilled project leadership.
After initial system integration, this senior planner will oversee everyday category inventory planning, managing end-to-end supply flow, including, but not limited to, analyzing initial needs based on demand, utilizing MRP, scenario planning, component planning, capacity planning, understanding purchase order pipeline, & reconciling & tracking deliveries as needed. This role will report to the Global Head of Supply & Inventory Planning. They will work in close collaboration with the broader Operations, Finance, & IT teams, & have frequent interaction with multiple company departments globally. The role is based in our New York office, but may require occasional travel & close partnership with colleagues & external partners around the globe.
About the team:
The Global Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) team at Harrys is responsible for supply & demand planning globally & is part of the Global Operations organization. The team plays a critical role in ensuring efficient operational performance & in enabling senior management to make business-optimizing decisions.
What youll do:
- Inventory planning system implementation
- Understand SKU-level planning needs to configure the MRP system needs appropriately
- Gain alignment from planning teams & other impacted cross-functional partners on the systems operational structure
- Responsible for spearheading enhancement or adjustment needs post implementation
- Document system needs, inputs, & outputs to create & update the operating handbook, best practices guidelines, & FAQs for all team members
- End-to-end supply planning
- Inventory planning
- Global inventory strategy execution
- Excess & obsolete inventory recognition:
- Process implementation
- Help to build organizational capability to support an evolution to a consumption driven supply chain & be able to transition from monthly to weekly to daily planning in keeping with the organization's strategic road map
- Build relationships with key internal & external stakeholders
This should describe you:
- Minimum Bachelors degree required, with 5-7 years experience in an analytical environment
- Strong communication skills, especially in keeping relevant parties informed of changes, & understanding the cross-functional implications
- Proven project leadership skills through a new software system implementation, whether as a SME (subject matter expert) role or as a project overseer
- Problem-solver mentalityis curious, asks questions, & able to identify issues/challenges & utilize partner resources to try to solve for it or elevate as needed
- Proactive & forward-looking mindset over reactive
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, modelling capabilities a plus!
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, theres nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & our selves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report to the Director of Supply & Inventory Planning
- Work on the Sales & Operations Planning team
- Work cross-functionally with demand planning, sourcing & distribution/logistics operational partners, finance & accounting teams
Harrys is a mens grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience & for guys who know they shouldnt have to overpay for a great shave. We deliver exceptional value & experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website & select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers & are growing fast. Were now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online & in stores across the country.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.