At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Bikeshare is a natural extension of Lyfts vision to improve transportation access, sustainability & affordability. Lyfts approach to bikes & scooters is based on the following four principles:
- Transportation Equity: to provide affordable transportation & extend mobility to communities that have historically been underserved.
- Safe Streets: to work with our city partners to help make Vision Zero a reality.
- Transit Integration: to make it easy for riders to use bikes & scooters to connect to transit.
- Environmental Sustainability: to shift riders away from unnecessary car trips.
Lyft is hiring a stellar Community & Equity Programs Manager to spearhead our community programs & transportation equity efforts for Citi Bike in NYC & New Jersey. Reporting to the Citi Bike General Manager, this individual will manage a community team, develop & execute strategies for ongoing & new programs, manage program operations for ongoing & new programs, & build relationships to increase access to Citi Bike among communities of color, expansion communities, & lower-income populations in New York City. This role requires a high level of judgement, political sensibility, decision making, & time management.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint, & brings people together, wed love to meet you!
- Work collaboratively to develop & execute a strategy that will help further Lyfts role as a leading voice on transportation equity & create community buy-in & support for Citi Bike, utilizing our platforms unique abilities to improve lives through transportation
- Create & nurture enduring partnerships with external organizations focused on issues of transportation equity, community development, environmental & social justice, & more
- Think creatively about funding our community goals & initiatives & how they ladder up to broad company business targets (e.g., helping someone in our expansion areas ride a bike for the first time), including finding ways to sustainably scale our various community programs to have a broader impact
- Oversee the Reduced Fare Bike Share program, presented by Healthfirst, including technical maintenance, membership goals & targets, marketing & promotion, & community relationships to ensure the programs success
- Support our partnership with Healthfirst, prioritizing accordingly to accomplish our equity goals
- Manage a community programs budget with strong alignment to business & community goals & objectives
- Be an active participant & leader in the NYC Better Bike Share Partnership & contribute to shaping & accomplishing their policy goals
- Leverage the Citi Bike Community Grant Program strategically to help build relationships & community in target neighborhoods
- Manage partnerships & relationships with NYC DOT related to community engagement, including outreach in Citi Bikes expansion neighborhoods
- Work cross-functionally with the Lyft Ops, Policy, Marketing, Product, & Communications teams to promote our community-based initiatives & align strategies, product development, policy initiatives, marketing materials, etc. to foster an inclusive bike share system
- Be an internal advocate for inclusiveness, helping keep low-income New Yorkers at the forefront of company initiatives & decisions
- Help make Citi Bike the most equitable bikeshare system in the country!
- 10+ years of experience in relevant transportation equity, urban planning, advocacy, community organizing, equity & racial justice, or strategic partnership fields
- Thorough understanding of NYC neighborhood dynamics, community development organization network, & politics
- Passionate about sustainable mobility & active transportation
- Experience with program strategy, development, & execution
- Business acumen including experience building & managing a strategic plan & budget, ability to analyze & form plans based on data, etc.
- Experience managing a team, as a direct people manager
- Exceptional strategic, organizational, & program management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, cross-functional, multi-stakeholder, demanding environment
- Self-starter; intrinsically motivated
- Natural connector, relationship builder, & collaborator
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal & presentation) - you know how to tell a good story & how to shape the message for different stakeholders internally & externally
- Charismatic in-person presence & public speaking ability
- This position may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week & some nights & weekends
- [Plus] Bilingual
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.