Who We Are
Summer's mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save time & money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise & innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, & engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We're registered as a public benefit corporation as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We recently raised our Series A & are backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital, Story Ventures, & QED Investors-and our first partner is Yale University.
As a founding member of Summer's Borrower Success team, you'll work directly with student loan borrowers to help them navigate federal forgiveness & repayment programs. With training & hands-on experience, you'll become an expert in the student loan landscape & will be the first point of contact for our users. You'll also be integral to developing internal systems & processes to scale a growing team & help thousands of borrowers who are new to Summer. You'll get to:
- Understand Summer's product offerings & how they address borrowers' needs
- Manage inbound & outbound communication with borrowers via phone, email, & chat
- Review & submit applications for federal loan programs
- Manage backend process for tracking applications & providing recommendations
- Assist in building & maintaining an interactive knowledge center to address common inquiries
- Improve our internal systems & processes & document procedures
- Proactively suggest & implement ideas & automations that can help scale the team
- Creatively work with the product, design, & engineering teams to bring user feedback to life with new features & offerings
- Collaborate with the Head of Borrower Success to achieve team & company growth goals in line with our social mission
We are seeking teammates with 3+ years of relevant work experience in a related customer success role within a consumer-facing tech organization. Experience in finance or financial tech is a plus. This position will report to the Head of Borrower Success.
We will be evaluating your track record of providing excellent user experiences as a high-performing team member. You'll be a great fit if you're an excellent communicator with an eye for detail & a self-starter who can proactively manage their own workload. Finally, we are excited to work with teammates who are equally passionate about applying their talents in a fast-paced startup environment to tackle a major social issue of our time.
Values + Benefits
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our greatest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day in our office (located next to Grand Central): empathy, diversity, growth, determination, humility, & fun. Read more about what these mean to us at https://www.meetsummer.org/careers
We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, & flexible vacation/PTO.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to help fix the system!