As a Data Science Principal, youll utilize advanced quantitative & statistical analysis techniques to drive business model innovation for Via, work closely with our senior management to help drive decisions, & lead, mentor, & train data scientists & analysts in the art of leveraging data.
- Adeptly interpret & utilize mass quantities of data to generate innovative hypotheses & insights
- Quantitatively test hypotheses about rider & driver behavior using large sets of proprietary data; leverage results to improve business metrics at every touch point
- Design & implement novel experiments to better understand & improve current operation as well as expansion to new markets
- Train & mentor data analysis & scientist, assist in their professional growth & develop the analytic ecosystem in teams across the company
- 4+ years of industry experience with predictive modeling & statistical analysis techniques in a business environment; preferably with team leadership experience
- Obsessed with data; analytical & rigorous, with a thorough understanding of statistics & machine learning at both a practical & theoretical level
- Extraordinary communicator with demonstrated writing, editing, presentation & visualization skills. You understand the importance of graphic techniques in communicating a quantitative idea effectively
- A Masters Degree or PhD (statistics, machine learning, physics, math, systems biology, or highly quantitative fields in social sciences), including 2+ years of graduate-level research experience (or the equivalent)
- Mastery in some or all of the following: SQL, Python, R.
- Attention to detail is critical. Please mention that soup of the day is mushroom barley in the cover letter
- Experience in experiment design & interpretation is a plus. Experience with different optimization methods is a plus
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. Were building revolutionary technology thats changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation thats friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the worlds biggest cities & is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. Weve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, & were growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries & deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If youre someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, & loves getting things done, wed love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.