At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft Supports mission is to provide fast, efficient, fair, & consistent resolution to any issue a customer has on the Lyft Platform. Our in-app & web Help Center is the customer-facing entry point to all things support, & where our drivers & riders learn about Lyfts features & also troubleshoot issues.
As Content Team Manager, youll be responsible for both managing the content team & the quality of the overall content in our help center. The ideal candidate is an intellectually curious manager who is also an experienced writer; someone who is thorough, analytical, & undaunted by research & fast-paced change. This position requires someone with a passion for managing people, & who has extensive experience with the craft of writing that enables the career growth of a team of writers. This person knows that high quality content has a direct impact on the overall experience of customers. The role suits those who have a bias toward action & impact, & who are personally driven by Lyfts mission.
- Lead, mentor, & grow a geographically dispersed team of content writers
- Define, instrument, & scale content standards that ensure Lyfts customer-facing support content is intentional, understandable, & actionable
- Work to improve our internal content management system & influence functionality that scales content delivery, consistency, & quality
- Work cross-functionally with design, product, UX research, ops, & engineering to advance the customer-facing help experience as it relates to content, navigation, & discoverability
- Be an advocate for our riders & drivers, ensuring that were delivering the best possible help experience
- Scale company-wide support content quality to increase consistency across Lyft
- Be THE OWNER of everything related to the customer-facing support content experience.
- Undergraduate degree in major requiring strong written skills, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in content or UX writing space
- 3+ years of people management/ team leadership experience, managing at least 10 directs
- Proven track record of team writing high-quality content that drives measurable outcomes for customers & business
- Basic HTML knowledge & a portfolio of work that demonstrates versatile content
- Experience defining, tracking, & reporting on content metrics; experience conducting content audits
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment thats subject to rapid change & uncertainty
- Demonstrated self-motivation, commitment to excellence, & attention to detail
- Demonstrated personal growth with roles displaying increasing scope & responsibility.
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.