Type: Full time
Min. Experience: 5+ years
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management for public & commercial sector organizations across the globe.
Weve grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices & raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together & have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us & help the world operate in real time.
What youve done before:
Built & managed a team of high performing Software Engineers. Worked extensively with large JS web applications & Java services, using frameworks like React, Redux & Express, in a distributed environment. Demonstrated a passion for user experience & an understanding of its complexities. Led process improvements that enabled teams to be more efficient & effective. Partnered with other teams across all levels of an organization to deliver results while juggling competing priorities. Spent time in a fast-paced, high-growth tech company.
What success looks like in your first 6 months:
- Learn the challenges we face from a business & technical standpoint to effectively translate them into requirements & solutions
- Build a balanced technical roadmap for the team that ensures stable future platform growth
- Earn the trust of your team & co-workers by acting as a servant-leader
- Partner with other teams across engineering, data science, product, & design to plan, develop, & track features & issues
- Implement & improve existing development, testing, deployment & issue tracking practices
- Mentor & empower senior & junior engineers through regular one-on-one meetings & goal setting
- Roll up your sleeves & be willing & able to implement projects yourself
Why you should work here:
We recognize & reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- opportunities to own & drive important critical projects.
- individual Learning & Development fund & professional training.
- generous leave & flexible hours.
- daily catered lunch & a fully stocked kitchen.
- And more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.