Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
The Dropbox team helps manage our customer dropoff locations including interacting with customers, troubleshooting issues, & overseeing process flow.
About the Job:
The Dropbox Associate will be responsible for the overall management of Rent the Runways NYC drop-off box located at the Flagship retail store. The Dropbox Associate will interface with customers & work in conjunction with Rent the Runways 3rd party courier service to accept, scan & oversee the pack-up & return of all garments to the fulfillment center. He/she will ensure all COVID 19 safety protocols are being followed on site & will be responsible for the opening/closing of the location each day. The Dropbox Associate will be expected to assist customers with questions, troubleshoot return issues, & control queues & wait times during peak hours. This position requires you to problem solve in the moment & work with our courier, Drop-off Box partner & cross functional internal teams to deliver a first in class customer experience.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee the NYC Drop-off box operations (Monday - Friday, 7:30 AM - 3 PM, hours may vary & include occasional weekends)
- Responsible for opening the store Monday - Friday at 7:30 AM
- Turns off the alarm, turns on all lights in the store & places exterior signage outside
- Turns on all iPads & scanners & ensures they are functioning properly throughout the day. Escalates any issues to RTR IT contact as necessary
- Manage the relationship with 3rd party courier & cleaning vendor on site
- Ensures all safety protocols are being followed on site
- Accepts returns at the entryway to store & scans garments are upon receipt
- Swaps out bins from front of house area to back of house as they reach capacity
- Responsible for shrink wrapping bins / hanger racks ahead of pick-up by RTRs 3rd party courier service
- Assists with the unloading & receiving of empty bins /hanger racks from the truck & the loading of the truck with full bins / hanger racks at the end of each day
- Responds to any customer inquiries on-site / Escalates to customer service team as necessary
- Track & document any on-site incidents w/ RTR Management
- The Dropbox Associate will be provided with the following:
- Necessary PPE
- Hand Sanitizer / Sanitary Wipes / Cleaning Materials
- 2+ years of experience working in a customer-facing environment
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Strong problem solving & communication skills
- Experience with basic troubleshooting handheld devices
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.