Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Mailchimp is seeking a highly experienced CISO to collaborate with leadership across the organization on the successful creation & execution of our company-wide security programs. This function will report to the General Counsel & will work with other company stakeholders to define, drive, & implement Mailchimps security strategy to protect the business from security threats & cyber-attacks. This position will work closely & cross-functionally with Legal, Finance, IT, Engineering, & other leadership stakeholders to ensure the entire Mailchimp ecosystem is secure from threats.
Our leadership team is highly collaborative & supportive of each other, so we are looking for a leader that will excel & thrive in an environment where decisions are made as a group & with candid feedback. The right person is eager to support their peers in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment while always thinking of creative ways to innovate how Mailchimp operates as an organization.
What you'll do here:
- Create & implement a strategy for the further development of long-range policies & practices for our company-wide security, including information security policies & practices to secure protected & sensitive data
- Work with other parts of the organization to establish long-range corporate policies & protocols related to our company-wide security posture, including policies & procedures that protect the organizations digital assets
- Develop & communicate guidelines & controls to mitigate risks & to ensure compliance with legal & contractual requirements, corporate security to safeguard a secure business environment
- Stay ahead of the global threat landscape & the technologies used to defend Mailchimps corporate assets
- Track the latest technical security innovations & stay up to date with the latest cyber security technologies
- Drive change projects & build new capabilities that support a secure environment
- Effectively communicate & educate Mailchimps employees from all functions on the purpose & vision of our security strategies
- Work with the technical security team to provide guidance on internal/external audits as needed
- Establish & iterate on system safeguards by directing disaster preparedness development as well as conducting preparedness tests
- Advise senior leadership by identifying critical security issues & recommending risk-reduction solutions
- Advise other parts of the organization on general security topics, such as overall corporate security & physical security
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 10 years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security & information technology fields. At least 7 years of experience in a senior leadership role
- You have excellent people leadership skills providing direction, monitoring performance, motivating staff & building a positive working environment
- You have a proven track record of building inclusive & high quality security organizations
- You are able to communicate & collaborate with leadership as the subject matter expert in security, while putting threats & incidents into business context
- You have significant experience in developing information security policies & procedures, as well as successfully executing programs that meet the objectives of the business
- You have experience in dealing with internal / external auditors
- You have experience with colocation & cloud services spanning multiple countries
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!