JW Player is looking for a Senior Accounting Manager to join our Finance team in our New York City Headquarters. This role will be responsible for overseeing accounts receivable & accounts payable while playing an integral role in creating, refining, & implementing accounting processes.
This role is responsible for preparing the consolidated Financial Statements which includes four foreign subsidiaries. This includes managing the companys working capital as well as performing a detailed financial analysis.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated & an exceptional communicator with a desire for autonomy & ownership within a fast-paced organization. This role offers a unique opportunity to bolster existing accounting knowledge while offering a chance to influence & gain experience in the dynamic & booming video streaming space.
As a Senior Accounting Manager, you will:
- Fully own the accounts payable function which includes ensuring invoices are entered in GL, review coding, processing weekly check runs, & creating & maintaining reconciliations
- Collaborate with Director of Revenue to ensure all revenue related journal entries are complete & reconciled
- Review financial statements to ensure transactions are properly reflected & in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare revenue & expense accruals for month-end close
- Prepare monthly sales tax & VAT reporting for tax consultants
- Review & maintain all ledger accounts & book transactions to our general ledger
- Perform expense & revenue analysis
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations & roll-forwards
- Administration of our T&E expense reimbursement system
- Assess our current AP & AR processes for improvements. Proactively execute any changes required
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance & non-finance business partners
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility, including the preparation of audited financial statements & disclosures
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting & analysis requests, & other tasks as assigned
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in accounting or accounting function
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Active CPA license
- 3+ years of experience owning the in-house Accounts Payable function at a Media, Tech or rapidly growing company
- 3+ years experience with Revenue Recognition at a Software as a Service (SaaS) revenue model preferred & knowledge of ASC 606
- Strong knowledge & application of GAAP, SEC regulations, & internal controls
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word)
- Strong sense of ownership & the ability to execute, follow-up, & ensure attention to detail
- Commitment to process improvement & the ability to think outside the box
- Strong communication (both verbal & written) & interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize & multitask
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills
- Experience at a pre-IPO or Public Company
- 2+ years experience managing a team of Accountants
- Proficiency with NetSuite
- Experience with billing system implementation (i.e. Zoura, SuiteBilling, Recurly)
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago & continues to innovate as the worlds largest network-independent platform for video delivery & intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, & Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types & sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver & monetize their content across all devices. JW Players massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights & generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London & Eindhoven, & was named to Deloittes Technology Fast 500 in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you & ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision & Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) & Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#jwplayer #accountingcareers #hiring #nycjobs