As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vox is looking for producers to work on clearing our back catalog of videos for syndication. This role will be temporary & can be done remotely. The producers in this role will report directly to the Video Archive Specialist & work closely with our rights & licensing team.
What youll do:
- Watch down videos & create cue sheets for all assets
- Track down sources for assets within videos in video projects
- Get feedback from the rights & licensing team to make changes to videos, such as adding source tags & swapping out clips.
- Log clearances in our database
- Export videos to syndication specs as needed
What youll bring:
- Familiarity with video production & Premiere project organization
- Premiere Pro editing skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Familiarity with major archival vendors such as Getty & AP
- Familiarity with Dropbox & video project organization workflows a plus
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Drop us a resume & a cover letter.
About working at Vox Media:
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.