Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US. We welcome applicants from all 50 states. Employees based in the San Francisco area also have the option to work out of our office as desired.
Mode is changing how organizations make decisions by equipping every single person with the power to collaborate on analytics & share insights at the pace of work today. We're building the most advanced web-based environment for creating, sharing, & discussing ad-hoc analysis using a variety of technologies. We have a rapidly expanding list of happy customers who love our product & we're growing to serve even more.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer on the App Foundations team at Mode, you'll work closely with other Engineers, PM's, & Designers to build a powerful application development baseline, contributing to architecture patterns, performance improvements, & other technical areas that provide lift for product teams to deliver high quality features more quickly to our users. We win when our work helps augment & amplify the velocity, performance, & stability of other engineers.
What you'll do
- Build expertise with our current frontend systems in Typescript, Angular, & Redux (NgRx)
- Improve patterns in API design between frontend & backend teams, increase performance of queries, & fetching large amounts of data
- Develop robust architecture that will allow us to scale our codebase & feature set.
- Help develop the landscape for decoupling UI apps & development from backend services
- Broadly communicate new technical decisions, & train teams on changes as well as best practices
- Provide paved-path solutions for 3rd party library upgrades & maintenance, as well as framework or pattern migrations used by frontend & backend teams
What we look for
- Familiarity & interest in Angular & Typescript ecosystems
- You have built & maintained production web applications that support complex user workflows
- Experience with testing, continuous integration, & continuous deployment
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy balance between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO & family leave
- Flexible work scheduleswe trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment & a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The base compensation range for this role is $125,000 - $225,000 to be determined by level. #BI-Remote