Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Our Technical Content team within our Customer Support team is made up of writers & content strategists who maintain our public knowledge base. We share a love for learning & a passion for helping our users succeed by simplifying complex concepts or instructions in an easy-to-understand way. We collaborate with many teams across Mailchimp to create exceptional documentation so our users can do their best work.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Writer specialized in API to join our team. You are a skilled, empathetic technical writer who can research & interpret complex concepts. You are driven to problem solve & care deeply about helping others & providing a great customer experience. Building lasting relationships with your coworkers, you bring a diverse perspective to our fast-paced (and sometimes slightly weird) workplace. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
- Extract pertinent information from product team members and/or application source code
- Write & maintain documentation for users and/or programmers, developers, & system architects & designers
- Use API specification standard tool, Swagger, to generate documentation
- Collaborate with product team members & other technical writers
- Test & research Mailchimps new app features
- Conduct content audits & help maintain developer documentation
- Identify user needs using data & feedback
- Strong experience in instructional or technical writing
- Solid foundation in the principles of computer programming, API design & testing, & software architecture
- Ability to read programing languages (PHP)
- Experience prioritizing, starting, & managing projects independently
- Comfortable working on new, changing, & fast-paced projects
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.