About the Team:
The Retail team plays a critical role in growing the Harrys brand & providing exceptional experiences to our end customers, through deep strategic relationships with our retail partners. The Retail team is responsible for all customer development activities at each customer, cultivating strong relationships across all functions merchandising, marketing, operations & in store execution. The Retail team will continue to play a key role in enabling Harrys to expand into new mens personal care categories, by channeling insights from partners into innovation efforts, understanding how to position the brand to end customers in complex environments & driving the roll out of new product lines.
What you can expect from our summer internship program:
- Learn about Harrys history & culture through our Summer Intern onboarding experience
- Socialize & build your network through regular check-ins, lunches & events with fellow interns
- Develop relationships with & secure guidance from mentors from your immediate team & from one of our seven Employee Resource Groups
- Participate in regular Q&As with Harrys leadership
- Highlight projects you observed & contributed to in an End of Summer Wrap-Up with your fellow interns, in a fun & engaging forum
Projects you will work on may include:
- Assisting with partnering with sales leads to sell new innovation into retail partners
- Storytelling with data to assist with influencing merchandising plans at retail
- Assisting with creating tools & resources to support our sales leaders
- Assisting with tracking execution & performance of retail merchandising plans
- Assisting with developing launch plans for a new product or retail partner
Who you will work with:
- Reporting directly to our Sales Director for the Grocery Channel
- Sales managers leading our grocery & specialty accounts
- Cross-functional partners, such as sales & replenishment analysts, Go to Market managers, brand managers, & demand planners
You should apply if some or all of the following apply to you:
- Youre a rising junior or senior, with an interest in consultative selling & retail partnerships
- You are passionate about the consumer experience, with an interest in partnering with retailers to better serve their shoppers
- Working with data excites you, & you have the ability to understand & create compelling, data-driven presentations to story tell & influence internally & externally
- You are a strong collaborator, who can work well with diverse set of cross-functional stakeholders & partners
- You thrive on complexity, are super organized, & thrive in the details
- You are self-motivated, with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- You are a lifelong learner, with an excitement to dive deep into learning all things Retail & CPG
Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salaries are based on paying competitively for our size & industry. The base salary for this position is $25/hour.
We will be accepting applications until March 2023. We will contact select applicants regarding next steps at that time.