Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Team Lead (Supervisor) to join our Insurance Operations team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
As the Team Lead you will manage the success of multiple Claims Production teams, driving member & employee satisfaction. You will support your team in their effectiveness, career development, & team morale.
You will also partner with your Operations Manager to develop operational improvements to daily workflows.
You will report to the Insurance Operation Manager. This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: Arizona. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Guide your team's metrics, including member satisfaction (Service level agreement), quality of care (daily benchmark production) & employee satisfaction
- Coach direct reports in providing the best member experience & care possible.
- Lead team huddles, promoting vision & strategy & providing feedback to members of the team & company.
- Manage daily needs of your Insurance Operation Team(s), including hiring, training & scheduling of Insurance Operation Teams
- Work to develop coaching plans for each team member & work with each team member individually to hone their skills
- Increase engagement with the team by creating an inviting culture that aligns with Oscar's core values
- 3+ years of experience leading & supporting a growing team
- Experience reading & using data to make decisions
- Experience implementing operational excellence
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior healthcare or service experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proficiency navigating Excel, JIRA, & SQL
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.