At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Public Relations Coordinator who will help tell Rent the Runways story through quality earned media placements. This candidate must be a hustler who is excited to protect, promote, & enhance the brands reputation through media, influencers, & internal communications. This role will assist the Senior PR Manager with a meticulous attention to detail, efficiency & passion for our mission. Ideal candidates will have had hands-on experience at a PR agency (internship and/or full-time).
What Youll Do:
- Facilitating consistent, quality media placements around recipe launches, brand news, partnerships, evergreen storytelling opportunities & cultural moments to generate a steady drumbeat of earned press coverage.
- Tracking, clipping & reporting press coverage.
- Building media lists & researching relevant outlets, reporters, & influencers - always staying on the pulse of new/interesting opportunities for Rent the Runway.
- Writing press materials, crafting pitches & brainstorming creative storytelling ideas.
- Developing & maintaining a network of media contacts, proactively attending networking events or grabbing coffee/drinks with new & existing contacts.
- Coordinating media including: interview requests, media reservations, media sampling, mailers, etc.
- Assisting with marketing + PR events including; logistics, coordination & staffing.
- Performing other administrative duties as necessary.
- Bachelors Degree
- 1 - 2 years of PR or marketing experience.
- Excellent organizational skills & a meticulous attention to detail.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize your to-do list, be resourceful & complete responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Outstanding oral, written, & interpersonal communication skills.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!