Who we are & what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, & survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze & act on feedback from employees, customers, website & app users, & market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, & integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , & unlock growth & innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our GetFeedback Platform Team
At SurveyMonkey, we believe the experience of every customer in every business should be effortless & thoughtful. That's why we've developed the GetFeedback Platform. Our feature teams ensure that feedback collection is seamless & smooth, our users have a great experience in understanding what their customers are saying & are able to act on it. The Platform team enables our teams to deliver all this securely, at scale, on time & with great quality by providing architecture, guidance, quality assurance & frameworks.
What we're looking for
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be challenged to work with Front-end & Back-end engineers across multiple teams to put your architectural ideas into practice. In the process, you will interact with the System Engineers, Software Engineers in Test & Backend Engineers of our team. You will report to an Engineering Manager of GetFeedback Platform.
- Lead technical efforts to integrate distributed systems & build system-wide features.
- Partner with application developers to ensure our services are built for scale & performance.
- Refine the development, build & deployment processes on top of our infrastructure.
- Work with the engineering teams to architect & build our platform services to simplify real-time observability & operational response to incidents & outages.
- Participate in code reviews & guide team discussions about software development standards
- 12+ years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails or similar development frameworks in Java or Python. (PhP, Apache Kafka, React, & GraphQL are nice to have!)
- A desire to improve the services & customer experiences of the platforms you support.
- Experience provisioning, deploying & maintaining corporate multi-environment applications using tools such as Terraform, Helm, Kubernetes, GitLab, & CircleCI on AWS, Google Cloud or Heroku.
- Built & operated fault-tolerant multi-service web applications that can scale.
- Experience with devops, test-driven development, builds, frequent deployments & CI/CD.
- Fostered a culture of code reviews, writing tech specs, & working with peers in an agile manner.
- Experience with systems design, including operational design trade-offs.
- Mentored accomplished engineers ranging from junior to senior levels of experience
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By advocating inclusion into our processes, policies, & culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, & APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards & received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental & bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, & Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work & FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 & 2019, & we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 & the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, & inclusion efforts here.