SoHo, New York City | Retail Team | Reports to the SoHo Store Manager
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. Were a global footwear & apparel brand with roots in New Zealand & our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, weve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, & sustainability arent mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash & more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, were dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for lifes everyday adventures.
Where do we need help?
Weve sold a million shoes, launched three groundbreaking materials, & changed how people think about comfort, design, & retail. Now were taking the Allbirds in-store experience across the country & are looking for passionate retail ambassadors to execute on that mission.
Who are we looking for?
The Retail Ambassadors core purpose is to deliver an exceptional customer experience through quality, personalized engagement. Retail ambassadors contribute to Allbirdss culture by being team-oriented, accountable, & focused on continuous learning.
What does the job entail?
Delivering & executing on three primary focus areas: Customer Experience, Daily Operations, & Teamwork.
- Provide all customers with a high quality & personalized in-store experience.
- Meet the standards set forth in our Retail Woolbook & Customer Journey even when serving multiple people & multi-tasking.
- Strive to be a product-knowledge expert who can communicate passionately about our brand & products.
- Build strong relationships with customers.
- Actively contribute to the stores sales & NPS goals.
- Maintain store appearance, cleanliness, & organization.
- Operate our point-of-sale system once trained.
- Execute on inventory & merchandising duties.
- Perform daily operational tasks as delegated by the store leadership team.
- Commit to learning by asking questions & actively seeking to grow & develop new skills.
- Be reliable & punctual.
- Work collaboratively to achieve shared goals.
- Practice respectful, honest, & effective communication.
- Cultivate a positive attitude & support your teammates.
What might describe you:
- Retail and/or customer service experience is preferred
- Available to work weekends
- Connection to Allbirds's mission, vision, & products
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Desire to learn & grow
- Reliable & punctual
- Able to comfortably lift 30 lbs on a regular basis & stand for 95% of the work day
What can we offer?
- Competitive hourly rate
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Free shoes!
- Health insurance & wellness benefits for Full-Timers
- Paid parental leave
Please apply with your resume, cover letter, & your work day preferences. We're excited to hear from you!
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.