Build the designs that fuel global trade
The Flexport Design team creates the end-to-end user experiences for our clients, their suppliers, & our service partners (Airlines, Ocean Carriers, Trucking Companies). The Senior Product Designers are key stakeholders in the full product development lifecycle, from working with their cross-functional partners to create the product vision to ensuring pixel-perfect implementation. The challenges Senior Product Designers tackle at Flexport are complex. To be successful, Senior Product Designers must be able to work cross-functionally across teams, think deeply, & communicate clearly. Now is an exciting time to join our design team as we lay the foundation for our vision of global trade.
- Collaborate with your cross-functional team to create a holistic long-term vision & high quality design solutions for your product.
- Conduct user research & gather data insights with guidance from senior researchers.
- Present work in a range of mediums & fidelities throughout the design process.
- Build prototypes to share & test concepts with stakeholders.
- Incorporate & recommend ways to extend Flexports design system.
- Give & solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Provide mentorship to more junior designers.
- Actively participate in the product designer interview process.
You should have:
- 5+ years professional hands-on design experience.
- Strong portfolio of product design work illustrating many successfully launched products.
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking & vision.
- Proven ability to bring projects from concept to completion.
- Expert understanding & application of user-centered design methods & principles.
- Experience working & collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Ability to strongly articulate your design work & rationale to your peers & cross-functional team.
- A degree in HCI, Graphic Design, or related field is preferred.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.