At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration & communication skills, both among internal teams & in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance & be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is a fully remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence & autonomy.
We build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Vagrant, & Packer. Alongside of that, we deploy enterprise products for each in a variety of different ways: licensed & unlicensed binaries, appliances to public cloud platforms, & hosted SaaS platforms. Our products help organizations of all sizes run any infrastructure for any application.
About the role
This is an engineering management role focused on our Terraform product line, managing an engineering team & participating in overall product delivery.
HashiCorp views management & technical leadership as two tracks, with a highly technical background being a requirement for both. This role is uniquely technical given the deeply infrastructure-related nature of the product. Given this unique situation, it is expected that applicants would be comfortable playing a mix of roles. In order of priority, this would include management & coaching, assisting with product management, & technical contribution & guidance.
Much of our work & libraries are open source & receive contributions from a large community of users. The majority of our tools & integrations are written in Golang.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support the career growth for individuals on a team building & delivering Terraform to a fast-growing customer base
- Work with some of the largest infrastructure providers to support strategic relationships with HashiCorp
- Help the team field issues coming from customers using Terraform to deploy their infrastructure
- Contribute to our growing engineering management team & culture
- Hire within the US, UK, Canada, & more to grow your team
- Ensure the on-time release of well-tested & reliable software
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- An interest in building a support structure for engineers to help them succeed at their job
- A dedication to modeling & supporting a positive & healthy work life balance
- A strong & nimble set of technical skills across technologies the team interacts with, such as commonly used infrastructure technologies
- Interest in a management career track in a technical context
- Phenomenal communication skills for working across the organization, capable of building strong relationships with peers & leadership
- Experience operating & maintaining production systems in a Linux & public cloud environment
- Experience managing a remote distributed team of reasonable size
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, & on Terraform in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity & equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.