At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
The Cloudflare Customer Support Team solves complicated problems & answers technical inquiries via email, chat, phone, & social media. From Enterprise corporations with petabytes of web traffic to Wordpress bloggers using our platform for free, we are here to help. Being the eyes & ears of Cloudflare, we act as the real-time voice of the customer to help communicate their needs & real-world use cases back to the rest of the company - for better service & future product development.
What you'll do
We are seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our team. You will work with our users on the most complicated technical support issues as well as the Technical Operations team responsible for running our global, distributed network. You will also build system tools including writing web security firewall rules & build analytics tools. This is a position where you will be working directly with our customers, while learning the inner workings of Cloudflare's technology & the products we offer.
Examples of required skills, knowledge, & experience
- Fundamental understanding how the Internet works (OSI Model) including common protocols used in layers 3 through 7
- Experience troubleshooting DNS, SSL/TLS, HTTP, & network related issues
- Fundamental understanding of web application security, using WAF & OWASP
- Fundamental understanding of what a proxy is, how it works, & configurations involved
- You possess a web development, hosting & customer support background
- Extensive experience with command line & command line tools including curl, dig, traceroute, openssl, git, tcpdump
- Experience installing & configuring web servers like Apache, Nginx, & IIS
- Hands-on experience with Linux/Mac/Windows Operating Systems
- You have strong communication skills, both verbal & written
- You are self-driven & capable of teaching yourself new technologies/systems/features with little guidance
- 5+ years experience working within a Technical/Customer Support team
- Passionate about working in Support, helping customers, & being a team player
- You are familiar with Cloudflare & have a site actively using our platform
- You have the ability to read & write in multiple languages
- You have a CCNP, CCNA, CCIE, or other high level network certification
- You have installed, configured, & are comfortable with popular CRM/CMS packages
What makes Cloudflare special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.