Hi, were Oscar. Were a fully licensed health insurer. Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, & human. In Engineering, we do that by building reliable & maintainable applications, infrastructure, & interfaces that make interacting with the health care system easier for everyone -- members, providers, & (yes!) ourselves. As an Oscar Engineer, youll be joining a tight knit, passionate team of builders. We take pride in our ability to move quickly (deploys > 100/day), our small teams (engineers <= 5), & our willingness to tackle big problems (frequency == everyday).
While our technology team of over 200 works in NYC, we are looking to build out a core team in our Los Angeles location. This is a unique opportunity to have the resources & stability of an established technology company, but have the freedom & flexibility of an 8 person startup.
You will report into our Engineering Manager in our Los Angeles office.
What were actually doing:
The following is a list of projects our teams are currently working on:
- A search engine that effectively & efficiently connects members to the care they need when they need it.
- A platform to securely, accurately, & automatically make electronic payments to providers.
- A system to adjudicate claims quickly & with startling accuracy.
- A generalized platform to communicate with people via various channels, including email, snail mail, push notifications, & SMS.
You at Oscar
- You care about what you do.
- You care about what we do.
- You are a self starter- you like being self led
- Youre willing & able to learn quickly, whether it be a new shiny technology or an arcane, ill-conceived data structure; our company may be new, but the health industry isnt!
- You pride yourself on building high-performance, fault-tolerant, & scalable distributed software systems.
- You have at least 4 years of professional work experience.
Anything else is a bonus. We believe diversity is a key ingredient in building something great.
Here is more information on who we are.
Oscar Tech Blog
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.