KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technologyevery process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences.
The Assistant Superintendent manages the day to day operations of the construction project they are assigned to. Providing overall leadership to the field project team & subcontractors to ensure the project is completed on schedule, in a safe manner, within the budget, & to quality standards.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years direct experience in commercial and/or multi-family construction, expert knowledge in the means & methods of construction, proven track record of successful accomplishment in all phases of supervision & excellent planning & project management skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- SafetyFirst priority. Manages the overall safety of the job site & relevant surrounding areas & sets the tone for achieving positive safety results on the project.
- Lead the development of the site plan including; public & site safety measures, site security, SWPPP, & truck routing. Plan the logistics for all personnel & material movement within & to the site.
- Coordinate & manage materials with the Construction Materials team, subcontractors & the PE/ME; this includes the timely delivery, receiving, quality control, staging, secure storage, deployment & tracking.
- Ensures that each project is built per the plans, specs, building code & delivered to the client with the highest level of quality.
- Create & update short interval look ahead schedules.
- Effectively manages all of the project schedule dates to meet scheduled milestones & completion date.
- Facilitates communication & management of the job site & ensures that all parties involved are aware of their responsibilities & informed of project status & expectations.
- Establish & maintain regularly schedule daily & weekly project team & subcontractor coordination meetings as appropriate for the project.
- Lead & motivate members of the project team & subcontractors to complete all phases of work within the schedule & budget.
- Build & maintain relationships with inspectors, subcontractors, internal stakeholders & clients.
- Track site/subcontractor activity, safety, deliveries, weather & other important project information on Daily Log reports.
- Update & maintain the SWPPP, including implementation of plan changes & reporting as necessary.
Required Skills & Experiences
- High school education or equivalent. Two or Four-year degree in Construction Management preferred or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years direct experience in construction supervision is required.
- Thorough working knowledge of wood & concrete commercial or multi-family construction as related to all disciplines & phases of construction.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Computer knowledge & efficiency, including MS Office & project management software.
- Be effective at building collaborative relationships & functioning effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrated work ethic & leadership.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills.
- OSHA & CESCL certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning & successfully working in multicultural environments.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.