About the Role
WeWork is hiring a top-tier Android engineer to work on the WeWork Android mobile app that connects our members both socially & professionally. For a passionate & motivated engineer, this is an exciting opportunity to join a new team establishing best practices & standards. We are overhauling the current member experience to better connect our members with our spaces (think Internet of things) & each other to help them connect, grow, & ultimately be more successful. This is a senior position focused on technical leadership as WeWork continues to scale & mature as a software engineering organization.
- You'll contribute to the development of our Android apps with the goal of making our members more successful.
- You can implement native user interfaces using the latest Android programming techniques.
- Use knowledge of Android development to help guide design & engineering decisions.
- You'll work with product managers, designers & full-stack engineers to help shape the vision of our mobile & desktop products.
- Take on important engineering, scaling & performance issues.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, & implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- You'll work on bug fixing & improving application performance.
- 5+ years of proven work experience in Android app development.
- Deep understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Experience working with remote data via REST & JSON
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, & emerging technologies.
- Understanding of Android platform communication primitives & their security properties (i.e. services, content providers, broadcast receivers, binders)
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of space as a service. From identifying & designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, & enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout & form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries & will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.