As a Mobility Consulting & Planning Principal, youll be on the cutting-edge of the mobility revolution, combining your exceptional analytical skills with Vias & Remixs sophisticated transit planning & simulation technology & best practices. Youll collaborate closely with our city & transit agency partners to deliver forward-thinking on-demand transit, new mobility, & multimodal plans & studies & to design & optimize mobility services around the world.
What You'll Do
- Lead complex, multimodal transportation analysis to help communities study & design forward-looking, intermodal transportation & transit systems.
- Identify new product requirements that would allow Via to better meet the requirements of cities & transit agencies. Work with the Via & Remix technology team to develop, test, & market the new products to our partners.
- Solve complex transportation problems by identifying where & how on-demand transit can improve a multi-modal network by providing a first/last mile service for a bus or rail line, optimizing coverage in areas with under-performing fixed-route service, or upgrading paratransit/dial-a-ride.
- Bring analytical rigor & planning expertise to Vias business development process by designing customized mobility services for potential partners (from major transit agencies to small cities) based on their geographies, land-use patterns, policy objectives, & budgets.
- Continuously optimize Vias partners service by providing detailed & action-oriented advice about quality of service, productivity, & fixed-route transit integration opportunities; you will help ensure the success of Vias global deployments..
- Carry out business development activities to support the growth of Vias consulting & planning business.
Who You Are
- Passion for transportation & improving access to mobility in urban, suburban, & rural communities around the world.
- Graduate level degree in transportation planning, urban planning, public policy, business, or similar field from a top-tier program.
- At least five years of consulting or transportation planning experience (preferably at a top-notch consulting or planning firm); youre comfortable managing complex strategic & spatial analysis & are eager to apply your skills in new & exciting ways.
- Experience gathering & analyzing a broad range of economic, demographic, & other data using GIS & other tools.
- Exceptional communication & presentation skills, especially the ability to break down & communicate complex problems to non-subject matter experts.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Experience managing complex & innovative mobility & transportation consulting projects.
- Graduate level degree in transportation planning, urban planning, civil engineering or similar field from a top-tier program strongly preferred
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities & transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, & operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Were committed to building & nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, & voices are welcomed & celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.