Maven is the largest virtual clinic for womens & family health with a mission to improve the health of the world-- one woman, one family at a time. Mavens unique care model enables employers & health plans to improve maternal health outcomes & lower costs, while empowering parents to grow their families while growing their careers. Its platform is global, includes personalized programs across fertility, maternity, & parenting/pediatrics, & offers 24/7 access to Mavens proprietary telemedicine network, the largest in womens health. Founded in 2014 by CEO Katherine Ryder, Maven was recognized in 2020 as Fast Companys #1 Most Innovative Health Company. Maven has supported over 8 million women & families, & raised $92 million in funding from leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT Partners, Icon Ventures, & individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, & Anne Wojcicki.
Maven is looking for a Strategic Sales Associate to work with our Sales & Growth teams to prospect & identify key decision-makers at target companies & establish successful, long lasting relationships from the ground up. The role of the Strategic Sales Associate is to provide support to the assigned Strategic Market Regional Vice President/s through the entire sales process, from the top of the funnel lead generation through procurement, contract execution & internal transition to Mavens Implementation & Client Success team members. The Strategic Sales Associate should be a self starter, eager to move forward within the Maven organization & will be directly responsible for bringing in new sales business leads. As the front lines to the sales process, the Strategic Sales Associate is a key driver of growth for the company.
As a Strategic Sales Associate at Maven, you will:
- Generate new business opportunities by finding & qualifying leads through cold phone calls, email, re-engaging existing contacts, research, & inbound leads from the website
- Work closely with Strategic Sales Directors to create meetings & accelerate deals. You will also be responsible in assisting RFP & RFI responses.
- Partner with the team lead to analyze the performance of campaigns & activity to optimize outreach efforts
- Become a Maven expert & be able to articulate our value proposition to anyone who asks (or who doesnt ask)
- Act as the subject matter expert on Mavens product offerings/solution development skills
- Manage & track your pipeline using our best in class CRM tools
- Help develop & implement strategic sales plans & stay current with client needs, competition, & industry trends
- Facilitate client requirements meetings both in person and/or remotely using current online presentation applications
- Develop market analysis to identify customer needs, target markets & competitive advantages
- Deliver sales presentations/proposals to prospective clients with a successful closing rate
- Develop a consultant/broker strategy within a defined geographic region
- Contribute to the process & play an active role in its execution. Monthly updates should be submitted to the CRO to demonstrate focus & progression in our largest revenue generating market segment.
Were looking for you to bring:
- Bachelor's degree and/or 2-4 years experience as a Sales Development Representative, Strategic Sales Associate or similar role; experience in B2B technology sales a plus!
- Track record of achieving Sales Development Representative (SDR) quotas
- Highly motivated with strong sales skills including over the phone & interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Strong follow-up & presentation skills that engage audiences
- Experience with sales tools & software, including: Microsoft & Google office suite, Salesforce, Zoominfo & SalesLoft
Helpful experiences & skills (if you dont have them, you can learn them with us!):
- Passion to learn & grow in a startup environment
- Successful completion of coursework in sales techniques, marketing, & communication is preferred
- Experience working with key stakeholders in healthcare: brokers, benefits admin. platforms, exchanges, etc.
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health & well-being of women & their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission & reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. Thats why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, & vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for Mavens is 100% covered by Maven
- Access to the Maven platform service & free Maven appointments for Mavens & generous credits for family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Weekly stipend for a *free* lunch
- One-time stipend to enhance your work from home experience (We will be working remotely until sometime next year!)
- A variety of virtual team events such as musical performances, game nights & happy hours
- 12 weeks parental leave & 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.