At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyfts Bikes & Scooters team is developing the future of micro-mobility & we are looking for a Firmware Engineering Manager to come in & drive the development of our newest vehicles. Our engineers are smart, flexible, & love solving difficult challenges. They look to their managers for organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, & honest feedback. They move fast & ship code to production continuously, relying on their leadership to increase productivity by removing obstacles & keeping processes lean. Our engineering managers are people with varying technical backgrounds & interests -- some are involved in the technical details of their team & others provide general technical direction & oversight. As managers, our job is to keep teams efficient & executing on the right goals. We build teams that are inclusive, helpful, & have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
- Design, build & maintain in-house test solutions to support the development of electrical & mechanical systems
- Work with mechanical, electrical, & software teams to develop test requirements & test plans
- Write scripts to automate testing & measurement of hardware interfaces
- Lead the development of Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) test automation infrastructure
- Build test fixtures for mechanical & electrical verification testing that can be scaled & deployed in a production environment as appropriate
- Participate in bring-up, debug & root cause failure analysis activities
- Perform component, system, & vehicle characterization testing under dynamic & environmental conditions
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent practical experience, & 4+ years of experience in testing & analysis of mechanical, electrical systems
- Experience coding in Python, MATLAB or C++
- Experience with National Instruments hardware & software
- Mechanical & software expertise in test station development
- Experience with hardware testing, system bring up, design validation, debug, troubleshooting, & failure analysis investigation
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.