About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, we have raised $210 million from top-tier investors & built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable & high-growth business, with a loyal 8 million strong customer base who share the experience of renting as being empowering & smart.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built - proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build & scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
Data is core to our growing business & has been ingrained in the company's DNA since its founding. As a Data Analyst, you will collaborate with cross-functional partners on a wide range of complex problems. Youll use data to help grow & evolve the rental products that exist today & your insights will help shape the company roadmap.
As Data Analyst, youll be responsible for driving insights that support decision-making in the consumer space. This role will support both acquisition & retention efforts across all channels & platforms including online & offline, paid & organic, on-site & in-app.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis & data mining to see beyond the numbers & extract actionable insights on how our customers use our different services & derive value
- Frame up & administer A/B tests & experiments aimed at improving KPI performance (conversions, churn, etc.)
- Design & evaluate experiments that impact user behavior. Diagnose & communicate root causes of changes in user behavior metrics
- Develop a keen understanding of how our acquisition strategies impact loyalty & how we should allocate our resources or evolve the product as a result
- Build dashboards to showcase & disseminate key insights throughout organization
- Create reusable datasets with appropriate architecture using our complex data pipeline
- Partner with the business & engineering to ensure that we are collecting appropriate data & are utilizing the appropriate frameworks to analyze our performance
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Technology, Business or related fields; advanced degrees and/or specializations a plus
- 1-3+ years experience with emphasis on statistical data analysis (designing & conducting experiments, performing quantitative analyses, testing scientific hypotheses, etc.)
- Past experience working in an analytically-oriented business role at a consumer facing technology startup highly preferred
- High proficiency using relational databases & writing queries in SQL
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau
- Passion for data & its fundamental ability to create value
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide-range of audiences
- Experience coding in statistical or scripting computer languages such as R & Python highly preferred
- Ability to quickly learn new tools & data analysis methods
- Extremely curious & excited to dive into complex problems
- Track record of building strong relationships with cross-functional partners
- Youre a Rent the Runway superfan who knows the brand inside & outand are committed to the spirit & intent of our core values