Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that combines engaging, leveled content with integrated formative assessments & insights to supercharge engagement & learning in every subject. Students & teachers use Newsela to find digital content from hundreds of the best sourcesfrom National Geographic to NASA, Biography.com to Encyclopedia Britannica, the Washington Post to the Wichita Eagle. Content is instructionalized to meet students where they are, with interactive tools & analytics to take them where they want to go. Newsela has become an essential solution for schools & districts, with a presence in over 90% of U.S. K-12 schools. Newsela is the content platform for the connected classroom.
As a member of our Newsela Sales team, you will handle a portfolio of enterprise accounts of our Newsela PRO customers. You are the go to for district-level communication & coordination. We want to keep our Newsela PRO customers delighted & engaged in using Newsela PRO all year long. You will effectively engage & build relationships with key account decision-makers, primarily working with school principals, district representatives & superintendents.
- Host meetings with district leadership regularly on issues such as usage, engagement, renewal & cross-referrals.
- Develop & document a Strategic Account Plan for each district (include account assessment, client analysis, opportunity generation & relationship strategy).
- Partner internally with cross-functional teams to advocate for key account needs.
- Strategize & implement best practices to renew & upsell large accounts.
- Forecast & track large account metrics to demonstrate sales progress
- Analyze sales pipeline & identify opportunities for growth.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelors degree.
- 3+ years sales and/or client management experience.
- Ability to customize solutions based on specific district needs & goals
- Project management skills
- Proven history of meeting & exceeding retention & growth quota with enterprise level clients
- Understanding of pedagogy & ability to position the product in relation to classroom applications
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated high achiever & sales professional (ranked top 5-10% of sales staff), & has demonstrated success working with other teams.
- Has excellent communication skills, preferably experience dealing with C-level executives.
- Previous experience in technology or SaaS.
- Experience in education or working with educators.
- Has a passion for building relationships with decision-makers - & those who can influence them - in the sales process.
- Has excellent negotiation, presentation, public speaking & facilitation skills.
- Experience leading & running marketing campaigns.
- Fast learner & highly responsive to feedback.