Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will be part of our Data Platform team to help design, enhance & build our transactional Fraud detection engine in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support & challenge you daily. You will be take leadership roles working on multiple projects building Data lake architecture environmentthat serves ahighly functional,distributed, secure, scalable & resilient platform. We believe in self-managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews & continuous integration for excellent code quality. You will see the code written & moved to production within just a few days for downstream application to get the data on time.. You will be driving innovation that makes our products stand apart from our competitors, delight the customer with faster times for market delivery.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat & tell you more about our work culture & environment & see
if this will be a good fit.
-You'll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements & how they
respond to their business needs.
-You will build partnerships with product management to make sure that the products we are building deliver real value.
-You'll use technologies that include Java, Hadoop, Abinito, Mainframe,Kafka, spark & more.
- You will analyze business requirements & architect a solution that is robust & scalable along with
providing technical documentation of solution.
-You have the work & academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency & ease with programming
languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languages & operating systems.
-You'll leverage new technologies to build the next generation of Risk Services.-You'll lead efforts to architect, design & implement various components of our global transaction processing systems.
-Your DNA would include following & creating software best practices & processes.
- You coach & mentor your team members & help them grow professionally.
-You'll lead meeting & discussions with cross-functional & non-technical teams.
-You have excellent communication & interpersonal skills & above all, you are a team player!
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent field
- You have a Masterdegree in Computer Science or related field & 12+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 10+ years of Software Development Experience.
- You have proven experience leading teams that have delivered high quality large scale enterprise
- Youhave experience withHadoop, Abinito, Mainframe,Kafka, spark based technologies.
- You have strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins etc.
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time & remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring.
- Understand & own component security analysis, including code & data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement & verify secure coding techniques.
- We count on your curiosity & creativity, to want to understand customer requirements & our processes & want to come up with creative solutions & improvements.
- While you'll have the skill to see & understand the big picture, you're able to stay focused on the
task at hand to achieve immediate goals.
- You have a strong work ethic tofocus on our goals.
- You have proven experience as a technical leader with ability to understand the requirements & independently, architect, design & build the solution.
- You have the passion to work with people & help mentor your juniors to reach new heights.
- As an end-end champion for your products, you will have strong debugging & Unix skills to help support our Operations teams.
- A background in the Reference Data domain knowledge.
- Knowledge of functional programming is a plus.
- Passion for Big Data & analytics in general leveraging technologies like Hadoop,Spark, MapReduce
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the
incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone,
frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers,
reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.