At Compass were building a product & design culture focused on user experience. Understanding peoples behaviors, needs & the way they work is critical to building successful products. As a Quantitative User Experience Researcher, you'll combine your skills in experimental design, statistical analysis, & programming in order to take a human-centered approach to designing studies that provide an understanding of how people's attitudes, beliefs, or stated needs relate to their actions or behaviors. As a key member of a product team, you'll work with stakeholders across functions & levels, solving challenging problems & empowering the team to move forward by developing metrics, as well as measuring & interpreting results. You will closely work with our Business Intelligence team & provide a thoughtful UX perspective on quantitative data & user behavior to product teams & high-level stakeholders.
At Compass You Will:
- Define & measure quantitative UX goals & metrics in collaboration with Designers, Qualitative Researchers, Engineers & Product Managers.
- Work closely with product teams, as well as other researchers, in order to generate hypotheses & plans for high-impact research.
- Design & execute studies that address both user behavior & attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Effectively synthesize research findings into actionable insights & guidance for both research experts & non-experts. Communicate these insights broadly throughout product & engineering organization, the executive team, support staff, & our agents in order to educate & drive awareness.
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium & long term product strategy
- Build productive relationships with product managers, designers, developers, data scientists, business analysts & staff across the company so that you can act both as a preferred collaborator in developing great products & as a well-informed advocate for the user
What We Look For:
- 5+ years of UX research experience in software or web product development where user adoption & engagement were top priorities.
- Bachelor's degree (MS or PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Psychology, or a related field.
- Experience with one or more programming languages commonly used for data manipulation & computational statistics (e.g. Python, R).
- Experience with SQL & BI tools (Looker or similar).
- Familiarity with all aspects of the product development lifecycle, including up-front research & discovery, definition, & analysis of requirements.
- Demonstrated expertise in multivariate statistics & in the design of experiments.
- Proficiency in programming computational & statistical algorithms for large data sets.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including technical developers, business leaders, & end users.
- A trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders who can deliver insights that lead to demonstrable business value.
- Ability to articulate findings from user research to design, engineering & product leadership & the temperament to be a strong advocate for the role of research in product management.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.