At Squarespace, our platform empowers millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories & create an impactful, design-forward, & easy-to-manage online presence. From our headquarters in NYC, we are actively working to grow our international reach & bring the future of online publishing to a worldwide audience.
In this role, youll influence & execute our global expansion strategy, build Squarespaces 5+ year expansion roadmap, contribute to go-to-market strategy, & influence company level strategic priorities.
This role reports into our Director of International & Go-To-Market in our New York City headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Own the development of Squarespaces international expansion strategy & go-to-market playbook
- Oversee high-impact, cross-functional, strategic projects including market evaluation, prioritization, & go-to-market strategy in close partnership with our Marketing & Product teams, ensuring successful & efficient rollouts
- Develop a roadmap of international expansion experiments in partnership with cross-functional teams, using customer insights, global market data, & strategic growth best practices
- Evaluate & communicate the progress of ongoing market expansion projects on a regular basis to key stakeholders, achieving cross-functional alignment around goals & objectives
- Provide in-depth analysis of key business drivers to measure progress towards international growth goals & develop recommendations for maximizing international performance
- 8+ years of experience supporting international expansion for digital businesses across strategy & operations
- Proven success launching products or services in new markets without an existing presence
- Deep understanding for different product needs across markets & how cultural perspectives influence go-to-market plans
- Collaborative approach, with experience influencing cross-functional teams in a complex organization to drive international growth
- Track record of building successful international product growth roadmaps, achieving product-market-fit & improving international usability for US based companies
- Ability to travel internationally on a consistent basis (20%)
- Experience living & working abroad in a non-English speaking country is a plus
- Experience with International pricing is a plus
- Language ability in other languages besides English is a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.